Grow. Eat. Live.

Grow.  Eat.  Live.
Grow. Eat. Live.

Translate

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

WHAT'S YOUR PREFERENCE?

 
"Juice or Smoothie"
 
 
 
     Recently, someone asked me is a Magic Bullet, NutriBullet, or Vitamix a juicer because he wanted to buy a juicer and a good one.  A good question to ask since he is trying to get into the "healthy diet" lifestyle.  Well, I told him "Those appliances are not juicers.  They are blenders.  If you just want to make liquid juice with no consistency of thickness then those are not what you want to buy.  The Magic Bullet, NutriBullet, and Vitamix (high power) are blenders that makes your drink a smoothie texture due to the pulp is not extracted out like a centrifugal juicer, such as, Breville or Omega, which separates the pulp."  His reply, "No, I want to make juice - thin liquid consistency but I didn't realize Magic Bullet and Vitamix didn't extract the pulp."
 
     Yes, the difference between those appliances and the centrifugal juicers are the extraction of pulp.  In my opinion, if you already have a high power durable blender, then you really don't need to get the Magic Bullet, NutriBullet, or Vitamix.  It all comes down to preference and convenience.  Same goes for Juice vs. Smoothie.
 
     Which brings me to this article I found by Lisa Mitchell Juice vs. Smoothie:  What's your Drink?http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-6346/Juice-vs-Smoothie-Whats-Your-Drink.html 
 
     So, what do you prefer more Smoothie or Juice? 
 
                                                                                  As for me, either is fine.
 
      


1 comment:

  1. I prefer a smoothie because it's thicker.

    ReplyDelete