It's our Juicing/Blending day! I made a nice refreshing litely sweeten punch that will quench your thirsty for the days that are scorching hot and humid. The punch beverage will satisfy your dehydration. Do you noticed when you drink something really sweet you are thirsty more? Well, this particular punch will make your body satisfy. Plus you won't be hyperactive. Therefore, you won't go into a sugar high drive crash and burn mode like other fruit punches.
|Saffron Lemon Balm Punch|
What's the ingredients that makes it so red?
|Berry Medley Shopping List|
- 1/2 cup of organic fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup of organic fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of organic fresh or frozen raspberries
- 10 fresh organic lemon balm leaves
- 7 or 8 cups of distilled or purified water
- 3 or 4 saffron threads
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of raw coconut nectar*
Essential Tools: Blender, 12 cup tea Kettle, and Glass Pitcher
|Spanish Saffron & Raw Coconut Nectar|
What the heck is this?
Raw Coconut Nectar comes from coconut trees. It is a very low glycemic (GI of 35) natural liquid sweetener that is derived from the liquid sap of the coconut blossoms. When the coconut tree is tapped it produces a nutrient rich juice or sap from the coconut blossoms. The coconut nectar is minimally evaporated at low temperatures for 1 hour to remove excess moisture than raw agave nectar is heated at high temperatures and longer hours. Raw agave nectar has 90% of fructose and coconut nectar has 16% sucrose. Raw coconut nectar is 1.5% fructose, 0.5% glucose, and 82% inulin.
Nutritious Value of Raw Coconut Nectar
- 17 amino acids
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B1, B2, B3, and B6
- Neutral PH
- Grown without chemicals
- Unprocessed, unfiltered, and unbleached
- No additives or Preservatives
For benefits of Saffron (see posting on Saffron)
|Saffron Lemon Balm Tea |
- Thoroughly wash fresh berries and lemon balm leaves.
- Boil 7 or 8 cups of distilled or purified water.
- Add the saffron threads and 5 lemon leaves - steep for 10 minutes.
- Once steeped then let it cool down.
- Pour the saffron tea in the blender with the berries.
- Add the raw coconut nectar.
- Then blend to liquify.
- Served chilled.