"Are You Ready To Ring In The New Year?"
The Eve of December 31 of every year is an exciting or anxious time. Why? It's the last day of the year! Many look forward to a blissful New Year. All over the world rings in the New Year at different times - such as, Australia, had already rang in the New Year since they are hours ahead of most countries. Many people have different traditions ringing in the New Year to bring in GOOD LUCK in the coming year.
Two days before January 1 the supermarkets are a mad house...
|Whole Foods Supermarket|
at NYC December 30, 2013
My last minute stuff...
As you can see (above) everyone is trying to get there last minute things to be set for the New Year. So, what are the traditions for GOOD LUCK in the NEW YEAR?
It's not stated as a law but a tradition for some who feel it's a must have for this big day.
The Traditions for 2014 and BEYOND...
- Black Eyed Peas. Resembles coins. The peas are said to bring PROSPERITY in the New Year.
- Long Noodles. Signifying LONGEVITY.
- Cornbread. It's color is similar to gold. The bread is said to bring a PROSPEROUS year.
- Round Foods (Cakes, Cookies, Pastries, and fruits - clementines and oranges). Signifies the old year is closed and the coming days hold THE PROMISE OF A FRESH START.
- Greens (Kale, Cabbage, Collard Greens, Swiss Chard, Mustard Greens, and Spinach). The deep green color signifies MONEY.
- Whole Fish (Head and Tail intact). Symbolizes ABUNDANCE and PROSPERITY.
- Lentils. Resembles coins. Lentils brings WEALTH.
- Pork. EMBRACING CHALLENGES that awaits the coming year.
- Grapes/Raisins. Eat 12 grapes before midnight. Bring GOOD for 12 MONTHS.
- Buttered Bread. Place buttered bread outside your door. Symbolizes ABSENCE of HUNGER in the household.
- Red. Decorate the doors and windows. The color symbolizes GOOD LUCK.
Wow!!! What a traditional list indeed!
Here is what I brought at the supermarket last night ...
|Organic Lacinato Kale, Organic Collard Greens, and Black Eyed Peas|
*Plus additional healthy stuff to kick off my healthy diet for the New Year:
- Probiotics Keifir Dairy free
- Braggs Nutritional Yeast
- Organic Buckwheat flour
- Organic Gluten free pancake mix
- Mamma Chia beverage
What are your traditions in which you will bring or already had brought in the New Year?
Happy New Year to those who are ahead!