Grow. Eat. Live.

Grow.  Eat.  Live.
Grow. Eat. Live.

Translate

Monday, October 27, 2014

BRINGING IN THE LAST...BUT NOT THE LAST HARVEST

 
"Final Plants That Was Brought Indoors"
 
 
Herb Plants
 
 
Yesterday was a nice sunny windy day to bring in the last of the plants from the backyard.  We are still trying to tidy up the backyard to prepare for winter.  There wasn't much stuff to harvest, 2 deformed cucumbers (the plants are practically dead), a few ripe and not ripe tomatoes that fell off the vines, 2 string beans, and a few broccoli and collard green leaves.  Oh yeah- one nice bright yellow sweet pepper!  Unfortunately - the sweet peppers weren't a huge production and took a long time to grow and turn its color.  I understand why it cost so much in the stores!
 
Broccoli Leaves, Collard Green Leaves, and Yellow Sweet Pepper
 
I decided to just freeze the leaves until I'm ready to eat it.
 
 
Washed and Chopped Broccoli leaves and Collard Green Leaves


2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the sweet peppers. Mine took forever to grow as well and most of my plants only gave me one pepper....not exactly abundant in their production, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why sweet peppers grows so slowly. Thank you Margaret I thought it was just me having a hard time with them.

    ReplyDelete