Grow. Eat. Live.

Grow.  Eat.  Live.
Grow. Eat. Live.

Translate

Monday, February 12, 2018

YOUTHFUL, SWEET, BREAK APART, UPLIFTS, AND FIGHTER. WHO AM I?

"Clementine"


A perfect winter fruit



     I come as a whole, small, smooth shiny protective loose skin, refreshing aroma that lingers, sweet, juicy, very succulent, dynamite fighter booster, give off happy relaxing feelings, and people love to grab me.  I am the Clementine.

     Did you know it was me?  I belong to the Rutaceae family, commonly know as the "citrus family".  The clementine is very popular in the United States and widely available during the winter.

Winter season
   
     The clementine is a perfect fruit to have around during winter months because our bodies struggle to fight colds.  Lets' closely take a look at why we should include the small fruit in our healthy diet.

A peeled open Clementine
Nutritional Value of Clementine

  • Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
  • Folate
  • Fiber
  • Potassium
  • Magnesium
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Beta carotene

Health Benefits

  • Boost the immune system (fight infections)
  • Aids in digestion
  • Weight loss
  • Prevents free radical damage
  • Relieves stress
  • Vision
  • Maintain blood pressure (circulation)
  • Brain function (focus, memory)
  • Skin
  • Strengthen bones and muscles
  • Electrolyte balance
  • Anticancer properties (antioxidants)
   
     Now you know who I am, the Clementine.  Can I become a part of your family?



No comments:

Post a Comment