Well, we cannot stop time but we can control what we eat and do. "WILL POWER"
The holidays brings together family and friends. Fine food, good company, and laughter for the soul.
Here are some suggestions to digest that big meal:
- Keep it moving - take a walk after you eat.
- Eat slow - enjoy the meal better yet savor every bite. Eating too fast causes you to overeat which may make you become bloated, heartburn, stuffed, and uncomfortable.
- Fiber - eat fresh fruits (PAPAYA) and dark green colorful vegetables and whole grains! This will help get your digestive tract working and moving along.
- Reduce foods that you know will cause you a lot gas and bloating.
- Drink water! water! WATER- especially if you are drinking some alcohol and experiencing constipation.
- Drink hot ginger tea before or after your meal.
- *Pro-biotics acidophilus - should be taken everyday "GOOD BACTERIA"- useful in fighting the following conditions:
- IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME
- GAS, BLOATING, FLATULENCE
- RECURRING VAGINAL YEAST INFECTIONS
- BAD BREATH
Supplement to restore digestive health
Natural Papaya & Pineapples Enzymes (chewable - taken with a meal)
Natural Remedies to help with uncomfortable digestion
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 - 2 teaspoons in 8 0z of water (cannot tolerate vinegar then don't try it)
- Chamomile tea
- Aloe Vera juice soothes the digestive track - 1-2 ounces in 4 ounce of water
- Coconut water
- Peppermint tea
- Natural Bitters
***My Special Digestive Tea - I make this all the time for myself and love ones.
1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
3 quarter size pieces of fresh ginger root - smashed up (prefer organic)
1 ceylon cinnamon stick
1 dried out organic orange peel (or piece of a organic orange peel- no pesticides!)
1/2 teaspoon of cloves
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Then add the above herbs/spices. Boil for about 10 min. to release all the natural properties and oil of the herbs/spices. Steep for 5 min.
Drink... Enjoy you can add raw agave nectar (prefer for diabetics) or honey or just drink it without sweetness.....
Absolutely no sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!