I know most of you has something they are addicted to whether it may be alcohol, food, drugs, or shopping. Any type of addiction is bad and it causes havoc on your health, family, and mental state of mind. Getting help soon can help stop whatever negative effect the addiction has done to your body mentally and physically.
What is sugar addiction? Devoting oneself to high content sugary products.
Most people do not you know how much they consume because they fail to read labels or just don't care what is in the foods they consume. Americans consume 150 pounds of sugar a year. Wow, that's a lot and just imagine what it's doing to the inside of the body.
Did you know sugar makes you gain weight and it is stored in fat and tissue. Sugar is absorb quickly into the bloodstream therefore causing the body to overproduce the hormone insulin. The excess insulin causes the blood sugar to drop low which then triggers the body to crave sugar.
High amounts may indirectly lead to obesity, causes the growth of cavity causing bacteria, depresses the immune system making you more accessible to free radicals and diseases, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes. Therefore, sugar robs the body of all essential vitamins and minerals it needs. Trying to stop sugar is as hard as stopping to drink alcohol and drugs. That is why you have to gradually decrease the amount day by day until you don't have that craving.
Most people can do it cold turkey but can you? Are you willing? Do you have the WILL POWER?
- Drop the soda- Culprit in having the highest grams of sugar.
- Drop the candy- Culprit in having the highest grams of sugar, artificial flavors, and trans-fats as well.
- Eat sweet vegetables- sweet potatoes, yams, corn, carrots, onions, beets.
- Eat dark green leafy vegetables- swiss chard, kale, mustard greens, turnips, spinach.
- Drink water- squeeze lemon or lime.
- Stay away from process foods.
- Stay away from artificial sweeteners- alternative use raw agave nectar or raw honey.
- high fructose corn syrup
- cane sugar
- organic sugar
- corn syrup
- brown sugar