Grow. Eat. Live.

Grow.  Eat.  Live.
Grow. Eat. Live.

Translate

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

POWERFUL ROOT

Do you know what root vegetable that has the most power?

BEETS

 

            I never thought I would see the day I would be eating and drinking beets.  Beets were one of the vegetables I disliked as a child and thought the taste was horrible.  I remember the days when I was not allowed to leave the dinner table until I ate all my food.  And I was sitting at the table for hours- just thinking how am I going to get rid of this food in which I couldn't bare to eat.  I used to pass it on to my brothers and mixed it in their foods, threw it out the window, or wrapped it up for the next day. YIKES!

            Now that was the past and this is the future.  I come to realize the food that was given to us by our parents was nutritional healthy foods to help us grow and have good immune systems to fight sickness.

Is that the same in your household?  Do you let your kids slide and not eat was put on their plates? Or do you not cook the foods that you hated as a child and not serve it to your family? 

You do know by doing that it deprives your family of all the nutritional values of other foods that can help keep your family from becoming sick.

I started re-introducing beets to my daily “healthy diet” lifestyle because of the following benefits this root has to offer:

Ø  Boost iron levels

Ø  Contains amino acid betaine which has anti cancer properties

Ø  Detox the liver, kidneys, gallbladder, blood, and lymph

Ø  No fat and no trans fat

Ø  Prevent respiratory problems

Ø  Boosts energy

Ø  Prevent cataract

Ø  Prevent stroke & reduces high blood pressure

Ø  Lower cholesterol

Ø  Anti-Inflammatory

Ø  Antioxidants

Ø  Tissue growth

Ø  Regulates menstrual

Therefore, beets are so powerful that you cannot drink the “pure” juice alone.  It is so concentrated that you must mix it with another vegetable, such as, carrot, kale, dandelion, or spinach, or mix it with a fruit, such as, apple, or pineapple, or spice ginger root and garlic.  Do not discard the long leaves that are growing from the root.  It is edible (as you can see the leaves are growing through the root).  It is known as "Beet Greens" and can be eaten raw or cooked.  All produce use to make beet juice should be organic - no pesticides!

    Incorporating beets in your daily lifestyle is so important.  Especially due to proven scientific medical reports has been published about BEETS- significantly beat high blood pressure and it is known in the cancer world as theFOOD CHEMOTHERAPY”.  Beets can increase the CD8 cells in the colon- cancer destroying cells. 

            Beet juice inhibits the development of colon and stomach cancer.  Also, it is a treatment used for leukemia and tumors.

            Now, will you serve the beet?

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment