Grow. Eat. Live.

Grow.  Eat.  Live.
Grow. Eat. Live.

Translate

Monday, April 23, 2012

1ST GREEN FESTIVAL NYC 2012

The Green Festival

            This past weekend was the first time The Green Festival event was held at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City April 21-22, 2012.  Thousands of people participated in the celebration of Earth Day.  The Green Festival brought together fantastic speakers, exhibitors, eco-friendly fashion, eco-crafts, local vegetarian food, and healthy food demonstrations.  I could not miss an opportunity like this to check it out.  It was not free but the ticket price ($15 at door) was worth the investment- I walked out with knowledge on what ways to go green, what items to recycle, what food, beauty, cleaning, and other products are good for you and the environment.  Knowledge was not only what I have received but TWO BAGS FULL OF GREAT STUFF!







            I met up with a friend and together we hit every vendor, sat down to listen and watched several speakers talk about getting involved in the community, how to eat, where to shop, and how their positions in the field they worked in effected their lives and how they transition their work experience to their community.


            It was nice to see people enact with one another, listen to how their products they created came a reality, showcase and demonstrated the product, and gave samples out to the public, coupons, and a discount opportunity to purchase the product on site.  The exhibitors weren’t just regular workers from their company but CEOs who got out there and talked to public.  There were book vendors, magazine representatives from Natural Health (one of my favorite reading material) and Natural solutions, self-own exhibitors to big corporations – like Ford.
            The Green Festival was a long day event.  I enjoyed it and hope the festival returns back to NYC.  This time I will have my digital camcorder with me and make sure my android cell phone is properly fully charged up!  My cell phone battery was running low and I was only able to take some pictures of the vendors I visited. 
When I got home Saturday night, I dumped out my heavy eco-friendly bags.  Wow! I really lucked out on great stuff! 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment