"Main Organ That Beats 3 Billion Times"
Why not celebrated it! Everyday is a blessing. Your heart beats 100,000 times a day and 35 million times a year. An average human life can beat about 3 billion times. You got to love the heart.
Facts about the heart.
- Located almost to the center of the chest and between the lungs.
- The aorta largest artery in the body.
- Pumps about 1 million barrels of blood during the average lifetime.
- Two stages of the heart beat - Systole and Diastole.
- Pumps blood through the blood vessels called the circulatory system.
- Three main types of blood vessels - Arteries, Capillaries, and Veins.
- The major blood vessels that enter the heart - Superior vena cava, Inferior vena cava, and Pulmonary veins.
- The pulmonary artery and aorta exit the heart and carries oxygen blood to the whole body.
- Heart is the size of a fist.
- There are four valves - Mitral, Tricuspid, Aortic, and Pulmonic valve.
Over 64 million Americans have some type of cardiac problem.
- Congenital heart defects (common sign a heart murmur).
- Coronary artery disease *most common heart disorder in adults caused by atherosclerosis.
- Hypercholesterolemia * high cholesterol.
- Hypertension *high blood pressure.
- Kawasaki disease (affects the mucous membranes, skin, and the lymph nodes).
- Rheumatic heart disease (complication of untreated strep throat infection).
- Stroke *occur when blood supply to the brain is cut off or blood vessel in brain bursts.
|HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!|
|EVERY BREATH TO BLOW|
Tips for a HEALTH HEART.
- Exercise! Exercise! Exercise! You must keep moving. Walk, jog, jump rope, treadmill, zumba, yoga, swim, roller skate, bicycling, etc.
- Enjoy nature. Reduce the stress. Sit in the park, take up gardening, go to the beach, etc.
- Connect with loved ones and friends.
- Laugh, smile, play. Heart will be at ease.
- Get at least 6-8 hours of sleep.
- Eat more heart-friendly foods.
- Omega 3 (wild salmon, flax seed)
- Oatmeal (steel oats or old fashion)
- Nuts (raw almonds, walnuts)
- Beans (black beans, pinto beans)
- Brown/Wild/Black rice
- Fresh vegetables (dark leafy greens- kale, dandelion, mustard, swiss chard, turnip, spinach, broccoli, brussel sprouts, asparagus, beets(greens), Japanese yams, sweet potatoes)
- Fruits (tomatoes, berries, apples, pineapples, watermelons, oranges, bananas, avocado)
- Fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, tarragon, oreagno, watercress, garlic, sage, basil, parsley, cilantro)
- Whole grains
8. Eat in moderation.
9. Create a daily menu or plan.
10. Take a CoQ10 coenzyme 100mg a day.
Avoid the following: (Read labels)
- White rice
- White breads
- Process foods
- Trans fat (partially hydrogenated oils "man-made fats"- known to clog arteries)
- Butter, lard, bacon fat, shortening, cocoa butter, hydrogenated oils
- Meat skin
- Fried foods
- Nitrates, preservatives, cured meats * cause stomach cancer
- Can foods
- Limit dairy
- Artificial colorings
- Reduce as much red meat as possible
|HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU |