|"I literally fall into pieces when I'm loved"|
Garlic is the member of the lily or Allium Sativum family including onions and leeks. It is a vegetable but known to others as a herb or spice. Garlic is used either as medicine or food. Herbalist and folk healers have used garlic for over thousand of years to treat diseases. For example,
- Ancient Egyptian healers used garlic to build physical strength,
- Greeks used garlic for a laxative,
- Chinese used garlic to lower blood pressure,
- Indians used garlic to strengthen the heart and keep blood fluid,
- and during the middle ages garlic was hung on doors at night to repel evil spirits.
Did you know...
Garlic was featured in ancient medical textbooks from China, India, Egypt, Greece, and Rome. There are over 500 pages on the study of garlic done by researchers and scientists. The benefits of garlic and natural chemical compounds are published in medical journals. Garlic contains compounds that act as a powerful natural antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents. It's active ingredient is "allicin" which transforms into organosulfurs. Garlic can zap viruses faster from your body.
Japanese research suggests eating one or two raw garlic cloves daily can boost your immune system up by 40%. Garlic is packed with 70 different sulfur compounds that has the ability to fight off:
- High blood pressure
- Viruses, infections, germs
- Prevent cancers - such as, colon, stomach, endometrial, prostate, lung, brain, etc.
- Maintain a healthy cholesterol level (fight off atherosclerosis)
- Respiratory issues
- Fungual infections
- Food poisoning (neutralize Helicobacter pylori)
- Thin blood
- Lower risk of heart attacks
- Prevents colds
- Aging skin
- Oral candidiasis
- Alopecia areata
Even though garlic has super powers, it does have minor drawbacks:
- Bad breath
- Can cause indigestion in some people if eaten raw
- Can flare up acid reflux in some people
- Can irritate the skin and mucous membranes
But on the other hand, garlic is an excellent source of the following minerals and vitamins that are essential for optimum health:
- Selenium (an important antioxidant that fights free radicals and protects DNA cells)
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
Today garlic flavors almost every cuisine in the world.
|"I'm beneficial crushed/chopped and sitting for 15 minutes before using"|
Above all garlic is super beneficial to our bodies. Try adding it daily to your healthy diet. Garlic brings a nice aroma flavor to all dishes.
Take time to enjoy "the stinking rose."