"What Are We Juicing?"
|Pina Colada Keifir Smoothie (non-dairy)|
So, what are we juicing/blending?
"Pina Colada" keifir smoothie with a healthy boost twist. The twist to this particular smoothie are the two ingredients that heals the body from within. My power boosters are, fresh organic turmeric root (actually grown from Thailand by my aunt) and organic spirulina powder.
Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory spice root that fights inflammation, cancer, Alzheimer's disease, arthritis, and bacteria.
Spirulina is a blue green algae rich in protein, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins that can help protect DNA cells from damage, boost immune system, protects against liver damage, and anticancer properties.
- Amino acids (protein)
- Vitamin E, B1 thiamin, B2 riboflavin, B3 niacin
- Gamma linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid)
You can barely taste the turmeric or spirulina due to the sweetness of the ripe mangoes with the hint flavor of coconut milk and a touch of coconut oil lingering in the back of your mouth. Yum. Yum.
Why book a flight to an island to get a nice refreshing cool Pina Colada?
You can make one right at home. Lets' get started so we can sit back and relax like we are at the beach on an island.
|Just about ready to blend|
- 1 small turmeric root
- 1 tablespoon of organic chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of organic spirulina
- 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- 1 scoop of organic pea protein powder
- 1/2 cup of fresh pineapples (including core) *or 1 cup of pineapples
- 1 fresh ripe mango
- 1 cup of frozen mango
|Now ready to blend|
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of coconut water keifir (liquid probiotic)
*Keifir cultures are excellent for the digestive system.