Grow. Eat. Live.

Grow.  Eat.  Live.
Grow. Eat. Live.

Translate

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

DOES YOUR BODY NEED AN ENERGY BOOST?

 "Remedies To Build Up Energy"





Lately, I have been asked this question by a few people, "What can I take to boost my energy levels?"

Here are my suggestions in which I like to do in giving my body a good boost of energy besides reaching for a cup of coffee or 5 hour Energy shot:
  • Vitamin B12 
  • CoQ10 (coenzyme) Ubiquinol - your body naturally produces this but as you get older it declines. It is useful for blood circulation.  When I'm traveling long distance (more than 2 hours), such as, air flight, car or bus I like to take a supplement of CoQ10.
  • Holy Basil (tulsi) - increases resistance to energy draining stress by stabilizing cortisol and blood sugar levels.  I love to make holy basil tea with fresh leaves with flowers or dried.
dried Tulsi Holy Basil


fresh Tulsi Holy Basil
(the gift that keeps on giving)

  • Ashwagandha root - relieves stress, improves concentration, and increase energy levels.  I like to add the powder in my oatmeal or smoothies.
Ashwagandha root powder

  • Stinging Nettle - is high in vitamin B1 and zinc that fuel your metabolism.  It helps with allergies as well.  I love drinking nettle tea.
  • Matcha green tea - highly packed with rich antioxidants catechins, a plant compound, maintains healthy weight, energy, boosts brain function, protect the liver, promote heart health, and prevent cancer.  This is my best tea I love to drink.
organic Matcha tea
ceremonial grade (highest quality)

Here are two great matcha tea demonstrations created and performed by chef and author, Candice Kumai:

The traditional

Upgrade to a latte


More info on Kumai you can check out here https://candicekumai.com/

Now that you know my secrets that gives me a boost of energy naturally, I hope you choose any of the above in your healthy diet.










No comments:

Post a Comment