"Strengthen The Immune System"
It's not fall or winter (the seasons when cold, flu, bacterias, and viruses runs rapidly). But, some people are being sickened at this present time with new viruses that has no cure or treatments. I complied a list of alternatives that can help those who has a weakened immune system. If you have been sick at least twice in a year, then you need to strengthen that immune system. Those who has not (lucky ones), can take heed as well. As a reminder the digestive system is 70% of your immune system.
KEY DEFENSE STRATEGIES
- PROBIOTICS - having a healthy gut is imperative for a good immune system. The good bacteria can help fight infections. A probiotic supplement can significantly boost the body's ability to fight. Recommend 14 billion - 25 billion multi strain of probiotics that includes B. lactis. Alternative from the pill supplement is the liquid. Kefir liquid probiotics is good (see previous posting on kefir and probiotics).
- VITAMIN C - prevents colds in children and adults. Reduces the length of infections.
- ZINC - shorten the lengthen of infections. Alternative from taking pill supplement is zinc lozenges.
- ECHINACEA - herb helps prevent and reduce symptoms of infections by 58 percent. Alternative from taking the pill supplement is the tea.
- GOLDENSEAL - known as a herbal antibiotic and immune system enhancer. Anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. Alternative to the pill supplement is the tea.
- RAW HONEY - anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. Raw manuka honey is best. (see previous posting on Manuka Honey).
- LEMON - considered as a blood purifier. Excellent flavonoids and vitamin C.
- VITAMIN D3 - actively fight diseases and germs. Prevention 5000 IU of vitamin D3 daily for adults and up to 1,200 IU daily for children. Alternative to the pill supplement is the liquid. Please read labels. (see previous postings on Vitamin D3)
- ELDERBERRY - anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anti-viral, and antioxidant properties.
- TURMERIC - anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties. (see previous posting on turmeric)
- GREEN TEA - high antioxidants. Drink more than 1 cup a day.
- GARLIC - 1 raw crushed/smashed clove a day. If you cannot eat it by itself mix it in tomatoes or avocado or with other herbs rosemary, thyme, and oregano in olive oil. (see previous posting on garlic)
- Avoid touching public areas. Wash hands thoroughly, cover your mouth when coughing, and sneezing.
Strive to be healthy!