Are you constantly washing your hands 24/7 and getting results of painful dry cracked bleeding hands from harsh soap residue? Well, I am and being a germ phobia is not helping it either especially with so much germs and flu virus going around you must take precautions.
Here are some helpful tips to soothe and moisturize the skin:
- Try to use a mild glycerin soap.
- Moisturize immediately after you wash your hands.
- At night, soak your hands for five-ten minutes, towel dry, then apply a layer of Shea butter, or oil- such as, 100% vitamin E (I like to use vitamin E capsules- burst it with a clean toothpick and squeeze the oil out), EVO (extra virgin olive oil), almond, jojoba, extra virgin coconut, or avocado. Cover your hands with cotton gloves to lock in the ointment and wear them overnight.
|EVO (extra virgin olive oil) mix with avocado oil, & eucalyptus oil|
- Take Aloe Vera plant the healing gel juice from the inside of the leaf will help heal your bleeding cracked hands. Carefully remove a leaf from plant, wash off, slit at the side of leaf to open and rub the gel all over your dry cracked hands.
|Organic Aloe Vera plants ("Miracle Plant or Healer Plant")|
- Wear protective gloves when doing dishes and household cleaning. Don't forget to wear gloves during the cold winter.
- Important tip - Always read labels on any product you buy. Be careful on what types of lotions and/or moisturizers you buy due to added chemicals in them *(read blog posting on skincare)
Keeping your hands moisturize all the time is the key to have healthy looking beautiful hands. Remember the hands are one of the most important parts of the body that you utilize day to day- "Working Tool."