"Grilled Chicken with Pasta and Lemon Garlic Sauce"
|The dark green broccoli adds color to the dish|
Do you get the question "What's for dinner?" Or do you ask yourself "What am I going to eat?" Here is a suggestion you may like - Grilled Chicken breast with Pasta and Lemon Garlic sauce. The meal is fairly easy to make and healthy.
Let us get started...
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3-4 chicken breasts (slice each breast in halves to make about 6-8 pieces)
- 1 box of 100% whole grain pasta (or gluten free pasta)
- 1 whole head of garlic (2 tablespoons of minced smashed up fresh garlic)
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt to taste*
- 1/2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes (optional)*
- 1 medium size tomato
- 1-2 fresh organic lemons and zest (depends on how much lemon flavor you like)*
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly clean the chicken. Slice the breast into halves. This will give you more pieces and chicken would be evenly cooked. Season your chicken the way you like it - paprika, salt, pepper, thyme, etc.
- Heat up your grill pan. Cook the chicken at the proper temperature (see posting on Grilling 101)
- Thoroughly wash your broccoli. Break apart the florets and cut in halves.
- Minced or smash up 1 head of garlic (2 tablespoons). Set a side for 15-20 minutes before using. By waiting this time - it helps release the beneficial benefits garlic provides to our bodies.
- Set up your water for the pasta. Read the directions on cooking time on your pasta box.
- Set up the water for your broccoli. Add the broccoli in the steam basket and cover. About 7 minutes broccoli should be turning dark green. Remove from heat.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemons. *Use organic lemons if you want to add the zest of the lemon- grate the skin.
- Thoroughly wash your tomato. Dice it up.
- Warm up the extra virgin olive oil in a sauce pan low heat. Then add the dried herbs, salt, pepper, garlic, and tomatoes until fragrant but not golden. About 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Then stir in the fresh lemon juice and zest.
- Slice or dice up into pieces your cooked chicken breasts.
- Combine and mix all cooked ingredients together- chicken, pasta, broccoli, and the sauce.
Dinner is ready!!